This checklist accompanies the Tibet Toolkit: How to Avoid Altitude Sickness in Tibet. Use this checklist to help make sure you cover all the most important points for staying healthy at altitude in Tibet.
Get a printable version of the checklist here >>
- If you do nothing else, do this: Know and share with your fellow travelers the three simple rules to prevent death or severe illness from high altitude, and the three golden rules of altitude sickness. Learn more.
- Learn the definition of high altitude. Learn more.
- Learn to recognize and respond to the symptoms of the types of altitude sickness. Learn more.
- Learn the best method to avoid altitude sickness. Learn more.
- Figure out the altitude of your destination/s in Tibet. Learn more.
- Plan your itinerary in Tibet to help prevent altitude sickness. Learn more.
- Learn the risk factors for altitude sickness. Learn more.
- Consult your personal doctor and a travel doctor to learn what, if any, medicines you might take. Learn more.
- Understand the evidence about natural remedies. Learn more.
- Learn the high-altitude do’s and don’ts. Learn more.
Be safe and have a fantastic journey!
Lobsang and Yolanda
Leave A Reply