If you plan on trekking Mount Kailash, and want to avoid getting altitude sickness, this itinerary gives you a relatively slow entry to Lhasa, and ascent to Everest Base Camp, plus an extra rest day before you hit the extreme high altitudes of Kailash.
Since no independent travel is allowed to Tibet and you must work with a travel agency, you want to be sure to choose a Tibetan-owned agency, which hires Tibetan guides only. The simplest way to do this is ask us to connect you to a reliable Tibetan-owned travel agent to plan a great trip for you that also supports the local Tibetan economy and culture. (Note to our Indian friends: Sorry, our agents cannot assist Indian nationals.)
Itinerary for Trekking Mount Kailash
- Get a good Lhasa Highlights itinerary for preventing altitude sickness >>
- Get a good example of an Everest itinerary >>
Are You Ready to Travel to Tibet?
Sign up to get instant access to our FREE Tibet Travel Planning Guide that shows you exactly how to:
- Get your visa and Tibet permits
- Avoid altitude sickness
- Choose a reliable, Tibetan-owned agent
- And much more…so you can feel peace of mind about your trip, and have a great, safe journey!
Along with instant access to your free, comprehensive online guide for planning your Tibet travel, you will also get our weekly All Things Tibet newsletter, with tips, tools and strategies for simple, safe and meaningful Tibet travel.