Lobsang Wangdu and Yolanda O’Bannon of YoWangdu Experience Tibet answer your questions about how to travel to Tibet. Under each video we add some links for more related information on each topic.
If you’re planning to visit Tibet you will need to work with an official Tibet travel agency as independent travel is not permitted. If you need help connecting to a reliable Tibetan-owned travel agency, send us an inquiry with a brief description of your plans and we will be happy to introduce you to a great team.
Is it safe to talk to Tibetans when you’re in Tibet?
Is late summer too rainy for overland from Lhasa to Kathmandu?
How to deal with visas and permits for Tibet?
Is October a good time to visit Tibet?
More video answers to your questions about Tibet travel:
- How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Can I find a Tibetan guide for my trip?
- How do I get into Tibet?
- How to manage the train ride to Tibet? Is the cabin comfortable and safe?
- Is it possible to travel overland from Kham to the T.A.R.?
Are You Ready to Travel to Tibet?
Sign up to get instant access to our FREE Tibet Travel Planning Guide that shows you exactly how to:
- Get your visa and Tibet permits
- Avoid altitude sickness
- Choose a reliable, Tibetan-owned agent
- And much more…so you can feel peace of mind about your trip, and have a great, safe journey!
Along with instant access to your free, comprehensive online guide for planning your Tibet travel, you will also get our weekly All Things Tibet newsletter, with tips, tools and strategies for simple, safe and meaningful Tibet travel.